Happy Thursday! 2,200 wheelchairs arrived in Asia this week: 550 arrived in the Philippines, 550 in India and 1,100 in Vietnam.
Disability Stats in the Philippines
- An Estimated 1.57% of people living in the Philippines live with disability
- Age 10-14 was the age group with the largest percentage of disabled individuals
- We have been providing wheelchairs to the Philippines since 2004
- We have been able to distribute 40,150 wheelchairs
- This year alone, we have been able to distribute 6,050 wheelchairs