Africa seemed to be having a great mobility week as all 1,650 wheelchairs have arrived for African countries: 550 for Mozambique, 550 for Angola and 550 for Zambia.
Stats for Mozambique:
- The MOST prevalent type of disability is mobility related (77% reported a physical disability)
- Approximately 2% of Mozambique’s population is disabled
- 80% of the disabled population live in rural areas where there is little to no medical care
Free Wheelchair Mission and Mozambique:
- This is the second container we have sent to Mozambique
- So far, they have received, 1,100 wheelchairs from us.
- We started working with Mozambique THIS YEAR!
Thanks for helping us provide mobility to 1,650 more people this week!